A deposit check must be submitted to the Access Control/ID Badging Office before badges may be issued
Step 1: Application
Download the application
- Complete Sections 1, 3, 4 and 5 of the application
- Have the form signed by an authorized signer with the general contractor (Section 2 of the application)
Step 2: Background Check / Identification Documents
Your badge type requires an FBI fingerprint background check and TSA security threat assessment. These must be completed before the badging process can continue.
A warrants check will also be conducted. If you have any outstanding warrants, they must be resolved before the badge can be issued.
You must provide identification documents that show proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States. (Refer to the List of Acceptable Documents PDF). You may also click here to be directed to the DHS website.
- Call 801-575-2423 to schedule a fingerprinting appointment.
- Make sure you bring your signed application and 2 forms of identification with you to your fingerprinting appointment.
You must bring the originals and one copy of the ID documents
- Please do not be late for your appointment or you may have to reschedule. Allow 15 to 30 minutes for fingerprinting.
- When your background check and security threat assessment have been completed, your name will be posted to the website. You (or your company) are responsible for checking for cleared results. Allow 5 to 14 days for clearance. If your results have not cleared after 14 days, contact the Access Control/ID Badging Office for assistance. Click here to view cleared background check results.
Step 3: Training / Badge Issue
- After receiving approval on your background check, you are ready to schedule your training. Click here to view training courses.
- Call the Access Control/ID Badging Office at 801-575-2423 to schedule your appointment. Your training will take between 1 to 2 hours depending on the type of badge you are receiving.
- Make sure you bring photo ID (and temporary badge, if issued) with you to the training appointment.
- If your job requires ramp driving, a driver’s license check will be conducted to make sure you have a valid driver’s license.
- Upon successful completion of the required training, your ID badge will be issued.
Training must be completed within 30 days of your background check approval.