General Aviation Employees
Step 1: Application
Download and print the application
- Complete Sections 1, 4 and 5 of the application
- Have the form signed by an authorized signer with your company (Section 2 of the application)
Click here to review the General Aviation security requirements for companies.
Step 2: Background Check / Identification Documents
Your badge type requires a TSA security threat assessment. This must be completed before the badging process can continue.
A warrants check will also be conducted. If you have any outstanding warrants, they must be resolved before the badge can be issued.
You must provide identification documents that show proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States. (Refer to the List of Acceptable Documents PDF). You may also click here to be directed to the DHS website.
- Submit your signed application to the Access Control/ID Badging Office. Make sure you bring 2 forms of identification with you.
You must bring the originals and one copy of the ID documents
- When your security threat assessment has been completed, your name will be posted to the website. You (or your company) are responsible for checking for cleared results. Allow 5 to 14 days for clearance. If your results have not cleared after 14 days, contact the Access Control/ID Badging Office for assistance. Click here to view cleared background check results.
Step 3: Training / Badge Issue
- After receiving approval on your security threat assessment, you are ready to schedule your training. Click here to view training courses.
- Call the Access Control/ID Badging Office at 801-575-2423 to schedule your appointment. Your training will take approximately 15-20 minutes.
- Make sure you bring photo ID (and temporary badge, if issued) with you to the training appointment.
- Upon successful completion of the required training, your ID badge will be issued.
Training must be completed within 30 days of your background check approval.