General Aviation Hangar Tenants: SLCIA
Step 1: Application
Download and print the application
- Complete Sections 1, 5 and 6 of the application
- If you are not the hangar lease holder, you must obtain a signature from the person named on the lease (Section 2 of the application).
Click here to review the General Aviation Secuirty Requirements for Hangar Tenants.
Step 2: Background Check / Identification Documents
Your badge type requires a TSA security threat assessment. This must be completed before the badging process can continue.
A warrants check will also be conducted. If you have any outstanding warrants, they must be resolved before the badge can be issued.
You must provide identification documents that show proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States. (Refer to the List of Acceptable Documents PDF). You may also click here to be directed to the DHS website.
- Submit your completed application to the Access Control/ID Badging Office. Make sure you bring 2 forms of identification with you, along with a copy of your lease if you are the lease holder.
You must bring the originals and one copy of the ID document
- When your security threat assessment has been completed, your name will be posted to the website. It is your responsibility to check for cleared results. Allow 5 to 14 days for clearance. If your results have not cleared after 14 days, contact the Access Control/ID Badging Office for assistance. Click here to view cleared background check results.
Step 3: Training / Badge Issue
- After receiving approval on your background check, you are ready to schedule your training. Click here to view training courses.
- Call the Access Control/ID Badging Office at 801-575-2423 to schedule your appointment. Your training will take approximately 35-40 minutes.
- Make sure you bring photo ID with you to the training appointment.
- Upon successful completion of the required training, your ID badge will be issued.
Training must be completed within 30 days of your background check approval.
Fueling and Maintenance Certifications
For fueling and maintenance certifications, contact Steve Jackson, General Aviation Manager, at 801-647-5532 or email@example.com.
First two badges per hangar tenant: No cost
Each additional badge: $25.00
Lost badge replacement: $50.00