Ground Transportation Starters & Loaders
Step 1: Application
Download and print the application
- Complete Sections 1, 4 and 5 of the application
- Have the form signed by an authorizing agent with your company (Section 2 of the application)
Step 2: Background Check / Identification Documents
Your badge type requires a TSA security threat assessment. This must be completed before the badging process can continue.
A warrants check will also be conducted. If you have any outstanding warrants, they must be resolved before the badge can be issued.
You must provide identification documents that show proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States. (Refer to the List of Acceptable Documents PDF)
- Submit your signed application to the Access Control/ID Badging Office. Make sure you also bring 2 forms of identification with you.
You must bring the originals and one copy of the ID documents
- When your security threat assessment has been completed, your name will be posted to the website. You (or your company) are responsible for checking for cleared results. Allow 5 to 14 days for clearance. If your results have not cleared after 14 days, contact the Access Control/ID Badging Office for assistance.
Step 3: Badge Issue
- After receiving approval on your background check, call the Access Control/ID Badging Office at 801-575-2423 to schedule an appointment to receive your badge.
- Make sure you bring photo ID with you to the appointment.
Your badge must be issued within 30 days of your background check approval.