Ground Transportation Drivers
Step 1: Application
- Download the application
- Complete Sections 1, 3, 4 and 5 of the application.
- If paying with a company credit card, the person named on the card must complete and sign section 2 of the application.
Step 2: Background Check / Identification Documents
Your badge type requires an FBI fingerprint background check and TSA security threat assessment. These must be completed before the badging process can continue.
A warrants check will also be conducted. If you have any outstanding warrants, they must be resolved before the badge can be issued.
Along with a valid driver's license, you must provide identification documents that show proof of identity and eligibility to work in the United States. (Refer to the List of Acceptable Documents PDF). You may also click here to be directed to the DHS website.
- Call the Access Control/ID Badging Office to schedule an appointment to submit your application and have your fingerprints processed.
- Make sure you bring your application and 2 forms of identification with you to your fingerprinting appointment.
You must bring the originals and one copy of the ID documents.
- There is a $65.00 fee for the driver's badge which includes the background check processing fee and is due at the time of the fingerprinting appointment. The Badging Office accepts credit/debit cards, money order, company checks and cashier's checks; cash and personal checks are not accepted.
- Please do not be late for your appointment or you may have to reschedule. Allow 15 to 30 minutes for fingerprinting.
- When your background check and security threat assessment have been completed, your name will be posted to the website. You (or your company) are responsible for checking for cleared results. Allow 5 to 14 days for clearance. If your results have not cleared after 14 days, contact the Access Control/ID Badging Office for assistance.
Click here to view cleared background check results. Results are listed by company, check under "Ground Transportation."
Step 3: Badge Issue
- After receiving approval on your background check, call the Access Control/ID Badging Office at 801-575-2423 to schedule an appointment to receive your badge.
- Make sure you bring photo ID with you to the appointment.
- A driver’s license check will be conducted to make sure your license is valid.
Your badge must be issued within 30 days of your background check approval.
$50.00 (No charge assessed on a stolen badge if police report is submitted)
$25.00 Refund for returned lost/stolen badge (if returned prior to expiration)