Traveler Updates: Coronavirus
For the travel and hospitality industry, the safety of the traveling public, guests and employees is of the utmost importance. Salt Lake City International Airport is in contact with public health authorities and is acting on the most up-to-date information on the evolving Coronavirus pandemic. It is critically important to remain vigilant and take useful precautions in this constantly changing climate.
The Salt Lake City Department of Airports (SLCDA) maintains a comprehensive plan to address all aspects of public safety. The airport has a protocol in place to address individual passengers who exhibit symptoms of an infectious disease. The SLCDA is working closely with state and local health departments to stay informed, to monitor and respond to the Coronavirus. The SLCDA follows all guidelines provided by public health experts and is making hand sanitizers available to passengers through out the airport.
SLC is taking a number of steps to mitigate the impact of Coronavirus and has increased the use of disinfectant in high touch areas of the airport, including moving walkways, stair and escalator handrails, doorknobs, light switches, elevator buttons and seating areas. SLC has also increased the frequency that airport restrooms are sanitized.
For questions about COVID-19, contact the Utah Coronavirus information line at 1-800-456-7707.
Health officials suggest frequent hand washing to prevent illness as well as these tips:
- Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands
- Stay home when sick and avoid contact with people who are sick
- Use a tissue when you cough or sneeze, throw the tissue away and wash your hands to prevent the spread of germs
Following are flyers and links to resources for information about the Coronavirus:
- Salt Lake County Health Department COVID-19 informational flyer
- Salt Lake County Health Department COVID-19 FAQs
- Salt Lake County Health Department COVID-19 update March 16, 2020
- Salt Lake County Health Department: Keeping the Workplace Safe
- Salt Lake County Health Department: What is Social Distancing?
- Information on the Coronavirus from the Utah Department of Health
- FAQs from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Intermountain Health Care Germ Watch - Coronavirus
- AeroMexico Airlines Coronavirus information
- Alaska Airlines Coronavirus travel page
- American Airlines Coronavirus travel updates
- Delta Air Lines News Hub Coronavirus information
- Frontier Airlines Coronavirus information
- JetBlue Coronavirus information
- Southwest Airlines Coronavirus information
- United Airlines Coronavirus information